Friday, December 10, 2010

19 things about me that you'll probably never want to know: 1. I secretly fantasize of becoming a movie star one day. I love to assume how all the long legged crooked faced whitewash coloured females I know, will get furtively jealous of me. Yah, I know I’m well over two decades old, and perhaps stand no chance in seducing men with the sweet 16 charms. But still, still, still, me and I and we dream on. 2. My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth. Yes I have dental plagues since the time I last put on a frock and ribbon, but I absolutely do nothing to get it corrected. 3. I like to pretend as the know-it-all about books and literature, but trust me, I know nothing beyond the few pages of my medicine texts I mug up before the useless exams. 4. There is a part of me who still believes that I was adopted years ago by my parents, when they saw me lying alone and abandoned in some roadside dustbin trash, and are still repenting the deed till date. 5. I surreptitiously get excited when a random passerby stands to take a second look at me. I instantly start feeling beautiful and perhaps act a bit snobbish for the next 10 minutes. 6. I think any decent man with spects and rolled sleeves upto the elbow looks enormously tempting. 7. I am jealous of everything, and everybody who does well in life. 8. There’s no point in reading more dear readers, as by now I’m sure you’ve lost interest. 9. I seriously contemplate to publish my book of shit one day. Yes, you can run and hide your face and break your head, but yes, my shit will be out someday. 10. I hate to take a bath, especially in winters, it’s not that I like to be dirty, but it’s just that, I am a lazy dickhead in the early part of the day. 11. I get up in the morning only after I tell myself stories that “today, yes today, and today itself, will be the most beautiful day in my life, when parents won’t shout, I’ll have all my plans completed on time and the certain some1 will be at his loving best”. I tell the same things to myself at night before going to bed about the next day. I guess that is the only thing that keeps me from dying in my sleep. 12. It’s not that I don’t get lucky often, but the luck somehow manages to end up differently each time it rings my door bell, in a form that’s unacceptable and most times, a little mystifying. 13. I love to read, for that part of me that still craves to know and learn things through words, through the old world black ink and white paper. 14. Shoo shoo…go away…I really don’t want you to die of boredom now. Move on, get a life!! 15. I love it when people stare and semi-drool (or may be, I love to imagine that they stared and semi-drooled) in parties or other such places. Well din't I tell a similar thing before?? Never mind, I just emphasize it more. 16. Food and me, we don’t really share a cordial relationship. I feel almost puky after every meal. 17. I fantasized about having sex with Sachin Tendulkar for the 1st time when I was in kindergarten. I know it’s a bit early to have wet dreams. But whatever, it’s a fact nevertheless. 18. I love to imagine myself with a good book sitting alone in the middle of Esplanade Barista looking ohh-so-single-and-smart-and-pretty-and-intelligent-and-whatnot someday. 19. I have a weakness for the number 19. That’s just not my birthday, it means a lot to me,for reasons which don’t really matter to you. P.S- The above things were not written by me but scribbled slyly by my evil twin. I’m still the same sweet petite unassuming little girl who you’d love to flaunt as your innocent haloed girlfriend any given day.

9 comments:

IThink said...

Nice paralipsis.

Nahiann said...

accidentally frank.

S said...

18 was good! The point or the age, or may be both!

Romeo Das said...

Really interesting points! And in that case, I think your No.10 is at its peak now! ;)

Unknown said...

WoW nice post article dear friend ....keep on the your way !!

Jai HO manglmay Ho

Arnab said...

The write-up reveals following things about you:

1) honest
2) self-obsessed ... we all are.. but few have courage to admit or rather broadcast openly ... -;)
3) "rightly misplaced" sense of self-criticism
4) frank

All of us have the little naughty things in some corner of our minds ... but it's the style and honesty in the write-up which kept it entertaining :)

Cheers,
a.b

abhijitsarkar said...

U write so well....m already addicted to the thoughts.....its superb

Sayak Shome said...

To introspect,
then inscribe,
your thoughts, on a virtual paper,
takes a lot of courage, however;
but that aspect,
fearlessly, you did transcribe.

Dutta said...

WoW !!

Now, now ... don't start acting snobbish ... :D

this post totally disarmed me ...